Preliminary and Detailed Design for the revamping of the potabilization system located in Varedo (MB)
|Approx. value of the contract (in current US$): US$ 2.150.878,86|
Approx. value of the contract (in current US$): US$ 77.291,72
Location within country: Varedo, Province of Monza Brianza, Lombardia Region
|Name of Client: BrianzAcque Srl|
|Start date (month/year): July 2020|
Completion date (month/year): December 2020
|Name of associated Consultants, if any: HMR Ambiente S.r.l.|
Description of actual services provided by your staff within the assignment:
- upgrading of the plant aimed at meeting future treatment needs, with polluting and hydraulic loads of the project determined starting from the analysis of the state of affairs, in compliance with the prescriptions provided by the regulations and planning tools in force in terms of quality requirements at the unloading;
- use of the Best Available Technologies (BAT) in the field of sanitary-environmental engineering for the treatment of sewage and special non-hazardous waste pertaining to the plant;
- guarantee of the static and seismic safety of the works;
- functionality of the structures towards their intended use. The spaces have been designed to accommodate the plants and machines of the project, to allow their correct installation, the ordinary and extraordinary maintenance of machines and structures;
- introduction of technical solutions aimed at minimizing maintenance and the possibility of suspending treatment and placing the system in reserve by restarting it as needed;
- choice of machines characterized by high efficiency, reduced energy consumption and low noise;
- electrical works designed using standardized solutions of high-quality level while favouring factors such as safety and ease of maintenance and management, providing for a high degree of control of the system through appropriate automation and remote control systems with centralized data management.
Description of Project:
ETC Engineering S.r.l. and HMR Ambiente, received from ASET S.p.A. the task of drawing up the technical and economic feasibility project, the detailed and executive project for the ramping of the potabilization system for the municipality of Varedo (MB), after having won the tender for the assignment.
The project is aimed at ensuring the treatment of the water extracted from three wells, which emit groundwater, in accordance with the Italian Legislation relating to the quality of water intended for human consumption.
The drinking water plant currently consists of two lines equipped with reverse osmosis modules, designed to contain the concentration of nitrates below the legal limit. The obsolescence of the plant and the changed characteristics of the water that reaches it, are at the basis of the need for the refurbishment and evaluation of a different treatment technology. The main aim of these works is also to remove atrazine, LM6 (pesticides) and mebicar (anziolytic drug).
The osmosis system must be powered with an input flow rate of 80 l/s
Schematically the project includes the following treatment steps:
- Extraction of groundwater from the two Tommaseo wells (object of revamping) and from the Bellaria well (existing);
- sanitizing of the existing sand trap;
- treatment on activated carbon filters (new construction): G.A.C. semiautomatic filters are used specifically for the elimination of chlorine, organo-halogen compounds and other toxic-harmful substances present in the water through a filter bed, made up of a single layer of regenerable active carbon selected for the adsorption of the contaminants;
- treatment on resin filters to remove nitrates (new construction) which will be positioned in a new dedicated room;
- new disinfection treatment with UV lamps for the two separate lines;
- demolition of the existing piezometric tower, of the osmosis treatment and of the storage tanks.