Expansion of the Wastewater Catchment and Treatment Plant at Grisignano di Zocco: Feasibility Study, Concept Design, Detailed Design, and Final Design and Construction Supervision.
|Approx. value of the contract (in current US$):|
US$ 6.382.917,72 (Works)
US$ 192.507,30 (Services)
Location within country: Grisignano di Zocco, Province of Vicenza, Veneto Region.
|Name of Client:|
Acque Vicentine S.p.A.
|Start date (month/year): September 2015|
Completion date (month/year): April 2016
|Name of associated Consultants, if any: None|
Description of actual services provided by your staff within the assignment:
KEYWORDS: concept; feasibility; preliminary design; detailed design; demographics; wastewater catchment analysis, sustainability; cost analysis; stakeholders; decommissioning plan; phased development; environmental impact assessment.
- Identification of expanded wastewater catchment and demographic and industrial growth analysis;
- Collection and processing of biological and hydraulic data;
- Estimation of biological and hydraulic capacity requirements of expanded plant;
- Preparation and proposal to Client of criteria that define optimal solution.
- Development of the best concept to a preliminary design stage: Identification of best available technologies; Development of design in line with stringent environmental impact requirements;
- Cost analysis (CAPEX and OPEX); Evaluation for reuse of treated wastewater;
- Detailed design; Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA);
- Technical documentation, consultancy, and support throughout the approval process;
- Final design for construction pending Regional Government Approval
Description of Project:
The expansion of the WWTP of Grisignano di Zocco falls within the framework proposed by the Bacchiglione Territorial Authority to dispose of minor WWTPs and Imhoff tanks serving smaller settlements in preference of collecting and transporting wastewater to more centralized plants with greater treatment capacities.
During the investigative phase ETC Engineering did analyses of demographic and industrial growth in the expanded catchment, checked capacities of minor wastewater facilities; and, based on estimates of when these facilities would reach maximum capacity, prepared a decommissioning schedule. ETC also identified and engaged with stakeholders (local authorities, farmers association, etc.). ETC then proceeded to identify the optimal expansion solution, taking account of capital costs, operational costs, and biological and hydraulic requirements of the WWTP, environmental sustainability, and decommissioning schedule of the minor plants.
The proposed expansion affects the entire treatment process: screening, pumping station, degritting and de-oiling, activated sludge biological treatment, secondary sedimentation, tertiary treatment, sludge thickening and de-watering. The expansion works will be carried out in two successive phases: the first to bring the hydraulic capacity from 20,000 PE to 43,000 PE; and the second to expand further to 66,000 P.E.
Following approval of the feasibility study and preliminary design by the Client and the Bacchiglione Territorial Authority, ETC brought the project to detailed design stage and prepared an Environmental Impact Assessment. Currently, the detailed design and EIA is pending approval of the Regional Government of Veneto and the Environment Agency. In this phase, ETC is providing support to the Client during meetings with project stakeholders and the public. Following approval ETC will finalize the design for execution.